Minimalist home design collection of the newest and most popular is designed by the famous architect as a reference for building a House

Thursday 8 August 2013

Guest blogger Genevieve from Montreal



Here's another lovely blog from a guest blogger.... a good friend of mine! Let's say I met her no too long ago but there was an instant connection! Maybe I am oversensitive but it brought a tear to my eyes to read her post... and having guest blogger was a great idea!  It has allow me to see what my readers (you guys) think... and this is awesome!!!  So anytime now... you want to write on this blog?  Ask me.... send me a draft... and we'll see!!! It just reminds me why I am doing this... and I love it!!!

Photo from JBPhotographe

Writing as a guest blogger… Seems easy, right? Well, guess again! When Nathalie asked me if I would like to contribute to her blog, I happily accepted, thinking that it would be nice to write anything I wanted for a change. After all, being a journalist, I thought it would be a breeze to write about myself instead of others. I wanted to convey how my reading of “Life happens” and of Nathalie’s blog added some perspective to my everyday life, how it encouraged me to try and make some changes in my habits. But when I confronted the word processing program, I got stuck… Digital white page syndrome!
Then, I realized: the reason why I had the privilege to meet and chat with Nathalie was because I had already made some major changes in my life; that over the last six months, I had turned my daily existence upside down, inside out. I took major decisions regarding my career, realised that for years I was stuck in a no future relationship that had to end (it did right then), met an exceptional guy who rocks my world and takes me to places (both in the proper and literal sense) I’ve never been. I also did a really thorough exam of who I wanted around me and who I needed to keep at a distance in order to be happy and have a balanced existence.
Let me tell you, change is not easy. I can understand why some people prefer to stay in uncomfortable jobs or relationships instead of acting about it and moving forward toward the unknown. Changing major aspects of one’s life is anguishing, especially when one does not know what they’re changing for. Taking risks demands courage, and the ability to admit defeat. Because if you need to change, it generally means that your previous decisions were wrong, or that your take on a person or situation was flawed. Not really a nice period in one’s life, the “facing the truth and admitting failure” stage.
And that’s just the beginning: once you realise you need to address some aspects of your life, then there is the leap of fate into the unknown. “What am I gonna do if I leave this job and can’t find another one? What if I never find anyone else and am left all alone for the rest of my life?” And the most common and difficult one “what are people gonna say about me?”
Allow me to let you in on a secret regarding that last concern, about other’s judgement… People who will judge you negatively because you decided to make changes in your life are usually jealous of your ability to do so! They will try to discourage you so they won’t have to face their own inability to do the same. Their opinion is a toxin that will keep you from evolving; pull you back and keep you feeling unfulfilled.
Because whether the change you decided on has a positive outcome or a disastrous one, you will always grow from it. You will either learn from the mistake and get stronger by fixing it, or find yourself in a happier and more stimulating environment. Changing your life will let you meet new and interesting people, discover some aspects of your personality you never knew existed and in the whole, better yourself for it.
Yes, changes can be scary. But they are also exhilarating! And when you look back on your old life and see how much more complete and strong you are, how your new life makes you serene and satisfied, you’ll get a wonderful sense of accomplishment and self-esteem that is priceless. Coping with changes takes practice; after a while, you begin to look forward to the next step in your personal development, but you also adapt faster and more easily to the bad lucks and unexpected hardships.
The greatest change I have made in my life is this: I decided I was worth happiness, and had to do everything I could to achieve it. I will not settle for an unfulfilling and/or depressing situation just because it’s reassuring. Reassuring is always more comfortable, but rarely rhymes with happiness…
My advice? Jump onto the unknown anytime you can with a broad smile on your face and accept nothing less than a happy and fulfilling life!

So, what do you think?  How do you deal with change?  Do you take it head on?  Are you afraid? Will you try it after reading Genevieve? Are you convinced that you are worth being happy??? 

Because you are!!!


I am always happy to hear from you... do not hesitate to contact me!!!

Don't forget to check out my Facebook page.... or personal profile... connect with me on twitter or google +...

love and peace,
nath
xox
www.thissavvylife.blogspot.com
http://www.nathaliebrisebois.com/
http://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=734016786
http://www.facebook.com/FanofLifeHappens
https://twitter.com/NathalieBriseb1

Guest blogger Genevieve from Montreal Rating: 4.5 Diposkan Oleh: Unknown

0 comments:

Post a Comment